Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Happy Birthday Madison!

One year ago today I looked like this:




And boy am I glad I'm not looking like that right now. But because of that we have this beautiful girl...



Happy Birthday Madison!  I can't believe a year has gone by. Madison you have been a great blessing in our lives. Your mom and dad love you so much and your brother and sister adore you more than you will ever know. Madison loves her Daddy (well and me too) Her first word was Dad and she is always calling out for Dadddy. At her party tonight she was sitting in the family room with Grandma K while dad was in the kitchen and she was just yelling and calling his name to pay attention to her.

As we sang Happy Birthday to Madison tonight she was so excited and she knew it was her special day.  She was so cute opening up all her presents and just jabbering away.  She saw one of her presents before I wrapped it (a tigger toy)  and as soon as she saw it she started following me and when I walked away she was a little upset I wasn't giving her the toy.

I saw this idea for a cake on my friend's blog so I tried it out.  Let's just say it isn't nearly as cute as the one that was on the blog and nothing like what Turia (sugarkissescakes.com) could do.  But hey it was good enough for Madison and she loved it!!


She wasn't so sure about the cake at first but it didn't take her long to devour it. Thank you all the grandparents for coming and joining us in celebrating Madison's birthday!!

10 comments:

Church Fam said...

loved the cake, what is the head? She is such cute baby!

Whitney said...

Good job on the cake!!! It is cute!!! Hope madison had a good day.

Ellison's said...

Good Job J! You are very creative! I can't believe its been a year already.

embeins said...

I think the cake turned out great! Madison is a cutie!!

Lori Halls said...

Ha! I can comment now! You are so crafty! Madison is getting bigger everyday! Too CUTE!

Lori Halls said...

Hang on, I have to make fun of myself, I ended every sentence with an exclamation point. I need to stop being so excited. :)

The Godell Family said...

Happy Birthday! Too fun. I am looking forward to our 1 year biurthday in 5 days. I cna't wait. They are too precious at this age.

Brandy J. said...

Jenni, you look so uncomfortable in that first picture. I'm glad cute Madison is here...she gives Dave and I something cute to look at in Sunday School!

Jana Sohm said...

You and Turia should go into business together. You can be the cupcake maker :) Visit my blog to see how Jakey's cake turned out. Let's just say, I could have cared less on making a cute cake this year for his 2nd b-day. Madison sure is a cutie!

Tristen said...

Seriously Jenni, that cake is AWESOME!! I love it. You did such a great job. Happy birthday Madison. That picture of you pregnant, hurts. I don't know how you survive pregnancy.