WARNING: this is a long one but I'm sure you will have some entertainment while reading!
Do you ever start your day and think...I'm going to get so much accomplished today! Well I started my day like that but it didn't end up turning out that way. I decided to go to my mom's this morning at 8:00 Am and didn't return home until 11:15 or so after stopping at the bank as well (one thing accomplished putting money in the bank).
After returning home I did a few things around the house. Camri was a little whiny from waking up not feeling so hot. Fed the kids lunch and Garrett decides he wants his cousin to come over. I try to get Camri down for a nap before Kaden gets here with his little sister. As I'm walking up the stairs Garrett yells, "Kaden's here!" Needless to say Camri didn't go take a nap.
The kids were pretty good and Camri and Avery only fought a few times. I run upstairs to see what the girls are doing because they are awfully quiet. Camri's door is shut and as I open it I see that Avery has no clothes on and that Camri is laying on the floor with her diaper off with poop in it. Avery says, "Camri's poopy" (she also had wipes ready and willing to change her diaper. (can you say I came in the nick of time!!) I ask Avery where her clothes and underwear are and she runs in the bathroom and brings me her wet underwear. She proceeds to tell me that she peed in the bathroom. Sure enough, I walk in the bathroom and there is pee all OVER the floor. I decided I better get her in the bath because she has pee all over her feet and who knows where else.
Later, Kaden and Garrett are playing with swords and I hear Camri screaming bloody murder. I run in there and Kaden had accidentally hit Camri in the eye with the sword. As I'm trying to consule her I'm watching her eye grow bigger and bigger and turn green. Then Garrett says, " I know what that is!! It's a black eye" Thanks to Garrett we all know that Camri has a black eye:) Not to mention Camri had fallen down about 100 times earlier in the day and cried multiple times so this was just the icing on the cake oh and did you remember she didn't have a nap today?
Through all of this I was able to get one or two loads of laundry done, a few of Camri's birthday invitations passed out, my car cleaned, and the main floor of my house clean for "part" of the day. One thing I haven't done yet and it's 9:30 at night is shower!! I'm sure there are many moms out there that have many of the same experiences and can relate to this great day of mine. All in all I have to say that the joys of motherhood are more than I ever imagined and I'm so thankful for my kids and the "crazy" days they bring. At least we were entertained.. we ate, breakfast, lunch and dinner!!
Everyday is worth it when at the end of the day this is what you see:
P.S. Just a few more things of the day that I forgot. While Garrett was playing outside today he almost got run over by a car and just before that I found out some kids got busted for drugs at the end of our street by the canal. What a great day:)
8 comments:
Haha that was cute! I loved how Avery was trying to help Camri change her diaper.
Oh yes, The JOYS OF MOTHERHOOD! At least you know that all of us mothers have had a day somewhat similar. Just remember that tomorrow you get to start all over.
I had to chuckle to myself as I read that because I can relate BIG TIME! But although the days can be hectic sometimes we wouldn't change them for the world :)
Oh my gosh! Why do things like that always happen in the same day? They need to be spread out a little. All I can say is that I am happy Avery had her accident at your house, and not mine. Also, I am happy that it wasn't my kid that hit Camri in the face. Gosh, maybe you should stop inviting those Larsen kids over :).
No matter how crazy the day is when you walk in and see them peacefully sleeping, it melts your heart! Being a mother is wondeful!!
Hey Jenni, it is Jill, Whitney's cousin and I jumped over here from her blog and just couldn't help want to comment. I can relate with you so much with me having 4 boys and 1 girl. Being a mom is the toughest work but also the most rewarding I think. You have the cutest kids by the way! Take care!
Oh I am SO glad to see that other people have the same types of days I do!!! My life seems like it has become quite the circus since we added London to the mix. Your kids are getting big fast..and so cute!
Hey Jenni - I found you blog off of Brittany's. I haven't seen you at Costco in a while!! That's where we typically catch up. I can't totally relate to your crazy day. They joys of motherhood is right.
Post a Comment