Thursday, April 24, 2008
Behind on Blogging!!
So I've been a little behind on my blogging. Well I guess my excuse is actually a pretty sad one. I didn't have a computer for a week...well at least not my mac with all of my pictures on it. I was sitting in the office the other day working on my laptop and Garrett was in the office with me. He had just hung up the phone with his cousin Kaden and had pushed the ringer button and it was piercing my ear. I grabbed the phone from him to turn it off and while doing that tipped over my cup of water and it landed right on my laptop. I was in shock. I grabbed my laptop an tipped it upside down and told Garrett to go get a towel. I tried to dry it off the best I could but was not able to get the computer to turn on. I was in tears calling Eric to tell him what happened. I was so worried about the hard drive being ruined and having to say goodbye to all of my pictures!!! Later that night Eric and I went to the apple store to see if there was anything they could do to get my computer to work. The apple employee said that right where I spilled the water was the mother board (the main part of the computer). I was almost in tears in the store. He said, he would take the computer in the back and check to see if the hard drive was ok. I was sick to my stomach!!! I had to distract myself with other things in the store so I didn't break down right there and start bawling!!! I was so nervous for him to come back. He came back and told me that the hard drive was OKAY!!! I was so relieved. The bad part was that it was going to cost a minimum of $750 to fix the computer. I called a few places the next day and found out that to replace the motherboard was going to cost $1300!! Needless to say it didn't make sense to fix it since you could get a whole new computer for that. Well we are up an running with the new computer and I won't be having any water near this one. After all that chaos believe it or not I couldn't even blame my kids for what happened!! I'm glad I have a computer again and all of my pictures were saved!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh so sad! We thought we had lost all our pictures last month when the computer was on the fritz, but now we have everything backed up on an external hard drive. This means peace of mind!! I'm glad you are back up and running!
Post a Comment