Saturday, January 17, 2009

Garrett's Party....and we Survived

Garrett's party was a success and we survived 14, 5 year olds at our house. We were debating what to do for Eric's party this year and Eric came up with the bright idea of making something in the garage with the kids. It was a great idea and I figured they would all love it!! So thanks so all of Eric's hard work it was a great success.


Garrett was so thankful for all of his friends that came and says thank you to all of them for the cool presents. So the party starting with watching Bob the Builder and opening presents and have cupcakes and ice cream. Then it was off to the garage.


Each of the kids had a turn with trying the chop saw. Of course they had to put on the goggles and ear plugs. As you can tell from the picture below a few of the kids didn't like the sound of the saw.



Here's their work bench.

They each had a designated spot for their wood. They got to sand the wood down a little and then we glued it all together.  After it was all put together they took their box to Eric and he helped them use the nail gun for the last time.  And now for the finished project.




A tool box! Camri modeled the tool box so they could all see what they were making. She was pretty excited and felt pretty proud. Thank you to Eric for all his hard work this week getting the tool boxes ready. I think they were a hit...well at least I hope they were. I should've taken a picture of all the kids holding their tool box but it got a little crazy at the end and I was just hoping their parents would come soon!! Just kidding, it was a blast.

7 comments:

Prilla said...

What a great idea! How fun. Happy Birthday Garrett.

Taryn said...

You sure know how to put on a fun party! Carson really enjoyed going - that is when I remembered to take him :)

zuniga family said...

I love the tool box idea! That is adorable!

embeins said...

The tool box was such a great idea. Easton loved his! I am glad you survived.

Tristen said...

Eric, you are amazing! Cade loves his tool box - he uses it to carry all his other toys around the house. Thanks for a great party!

Brittany said...

Are you serious? way to go Eric! I want an invite next year, so I guess I bribe Garrett.

M and N mmm mmm good said...

Hello Jenn, It's Nicole from Girls night out. I found your blog thru Tristen. Love the party idea!!!