Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Go BYU!

So we are U fans (just so you know) but Eric has two brothers that are probably the biggest BYU fans known to man. Every year they buy season tickets and usually have extra for a few games and invite Eric to come with Garrett. You don't have to ask Garrett twice if he wants to go to the football game. Eric asked him the night before if he wanted to work in the garage with Eric (which he loves to do) or go to the football game. Without even thinking about it he said, "Go to the football game!" I have to say that I think they may be turning Garrett into a BYU fan. Actually he likes both teams. Although after he went to this game the next two days he was yelling around the house, "Go BYU, GO Cougars!"

The next morning when they were getting ready to go to the game I was asking Eric what shirt he had underneath his sweatshirt and this is how the conversation went:

Eric: Garrett ask mom if the shirt you are wearing is okay.
Garrett: Is that ok mom?
Eric: Or Garrett, do you want to wear a Utah shirt?
Garrett,: Dad, I can't wear a Utah shirt. Remember we're going to the BYU game.
I guess this kid knows what he is talking about.

I think Jordan may be giving Garrett a few hints on when he plays football some day:)

Jordan had an extra ticket so Eric took my dad with him to the game. He is also another HUGE BYU FAN.

6 comments:

Annie K said...

I thought Tyler was the only Utah fan in the Sohm family. How did the family split like that?

Taryn said...

Carson doesn't care who's playing- he loves football. He's counting down till he turns eight. He'll tell ya that his eighth birthday is sooo important because he can sign up to play football and then he throws in on the side- "oh and I get baptized too". I have to teach him how to get his priorities straight I guess.

Diane said...

Grandma Roberts will teach Garrett which team to cheer for ...
GO COUGARS!

Chris and Logan said...

We love BYU football, glad Garrett agrees! My brother is playing there...well warming the benches, watch for him next year though.
Tell Jordan Hi for me next time you catch a game together!
Logan

Taneill said...

GO COUGARS all the way!!! :)
(Brandon has rubbed off on me)

Taneill

Barnes said...

GO UTES!!! What a rival game it will be amongst the family...may the best team win!! (I guess the Aggies are out!!)