Friday, March 21, 2008

Choose your battles!!


As many of you mothers (who have gone through raising a 4 year old) you may understand what I'm talking about here. Do you ever fight with your 4 year old about what he can and can't wear? Well this is what we go through everyday at the Sohm household. This is just one of the many outfits that Garrett picks to wear himself. One of the worst he picked I didn't take a picture of it. Let's just say he has these orange and gray exercise pants that he had on with his red batman shirt. Let me tell you that matched really well and to top it all off he had his Lightning McQueen boots on that you see in the picture. I could care less if we wears these things around the house but he wants to wear them to Preschool, Target and many other places we have to go in the day. I decided that it's not worth putting up the fight and there are other "battles" that I will win that are worth my time instead of these battles with the clothes he wears. I think that if I'm at Target every mother out there with 4 year olds will understand why my child is dressed the way he is. Anyone out there feel the same way?

10 comments:

Shumway Adventures said...

I dont have a 4 year old but have seen Big Daddy!! Ha ha ha I think its kinda funny! He is such a funny little guy!

Annie K said...

I know what you mean. Macy is wearing a pink shirt with pink shorts today. While I was in the shower she added another shirt on top of the pink one. She wanted to wear a long sleeve shirt, but it is too hot for that.

The Sohm's said...

This comment is for Annie:

What is your blog address?

Turia said...

At least he didn't want to go to school in just his underwear or something like that!

Tanna said...

Yea! I'm so glad you found me. I've actually been wondering where you were and what you've been up too. I can see two CUTE kids!! Where do you guys live? I'm vaguely remembering you meeting your husband?? Did he live in your parents ward or SJ? Fill me in!
Tanna

Church Fam said...

I so know what your talking about.

Rob and Jenn said...

YES! I've finally picked out two outfits that my kids CAN wear and let them pick out of those. Dallen really is not the one that cares but Anna sure is opinionated! Don't ya love the mommy moments!

Anonymous said...

Um, have you SEEN my children?!? The only thing worse than them picking out their own clothes, is DAD dressing them. WHA? I think he may do it on purpose so I never ask him again...

P.S. I did it! I posted my first blog!! Not great, but I did it myself. Says a lot for a girl living in the 1990's!! ;)

Brittany said...

We are dealing with that very thing with our Kalli. We just came to the agreement that she can wear what she wants at home but when we go to school or out I give her the choice between 2 outfits. Good luck!

christine said...

Hey! I am Calli's sister-in-law and read your blog. I totally know what your talking about. I once let my daughter wear her Snow White dress to Target because I didn't want the drama. My 3-year-old really likes to pick out her own clothes now and usually picks one color of pants, shirts, socks, etc. The only problem is they are all different shades of the same color and look horrible together. Hey, what can we do? At least they are happy, right?