I decided I wanted to drive to Heber and be a part of this day. I arranged for Camri to go to a friends after school, Eric went into work late so I could leave the house by 8:00 and he could get the kids to school. Court started at 9:00 so if I left my house by 8:00 I would get there right at 9:00. I am not used to leaving the house that early and forgot that there would be traffic. By the time I got on the freeway it was 8:15. I was thinking to myself there is no way I will get there by 9:00 because it usually takes me exactly an hour. The whole way there I was just praying that I would make it in time. It was smooth sailing and I entered the canyon at about 8:40 with only about 20 minutes to go in the canyon. My girls usually get sick in the canyon but not always and it was not even something I considered happening that day. I was on the stretch road after the canyon almost to the courthouse. Madison said she needed to go to the bathroom and I told her to hold it that we were almost there. She put her hand over her mouth I asked her if she was going to throw up and she said no. I kept looking back to check on her and then I looked back and she was throwing up every where!! I really almost started crying. By this time it was literally like a few minutes before 9:00 and I only had another mile to go. I called Lori to tell her she threw up and I would try and hurry in. I was thinking I could just wipe her a little and run in and finish cleaning her up after. Well I pulled into the parking lot and got out of the car and she was a MESS!! There was no way I could just run in without really cleaning her up. I wiped her off as good as I could and figured I could go in the bathroom and finish cleaning her up. As we were walking in the officer that was checking us in looked at Madison and said, "Oh it looks like someone had an accident with ice cream." Little did he know that it wasn't anything close to ice cream. I went to the bathroom to wash her hands etc. and was walking in the door to the court room and Lori and Adam were walking out. I almost started to cry!! I though well at least I get to be here for the pictures and go to lunch with them. It was such a bummer but I knew I would be there in a week when they were sealed in the temple. It was quite the experience that day and definitely one that I won't forget!
We are so happy to have Hudson in the family!
The cute family!

I'm so happy I could be a part of this day (well half of the day)!
Boston and Hudson are going to be best buddies!!
These two were able to be a part of Hudson's special day and are happy to have a new cousin. There is the proof on Madison's shirt that I wasn't making up the story:)
We love you so much Hudson!!

1 comment:
Oh my gosh, he is sooooo cute! I'm so happy for Lori and Adam.
Post a Comment