Thursday, September 4, 2008

Amazing Husband and Labor day project!

For those of you that don't know...This is Eric my amazing husband!!  Today has been one of those days that I have been pondering about things and realize what a wonderful husband I have.  He is an amazing dad to our 3 children and is the best husband to me.  He does so much for our family and I am so thankful for him.  He has been working so hard finishing the yard and it was done a couple months ago but I have never posted any pictures.  He has been working on it since we moved in from sprinklers, sod, flower beds, fountains and the fire pit.  Sometimes it amazing me how hard he works.  I'm sure neighbors are sometimes surprised he is still standing since he was in the yard all night long sometimes.


He actually finished this water fountain in 2 days (this is one he stayed up all night for)
This is our amazing waterfall in our backyard. (We're so glad this is done)

The fire pit that I wasn't so sure he should do but I'm so glad he did.  Sometimes it does payoff to listen to your husband ladies. :)
On Labor day we decided it was time to recover our kitchen table chairs.  We have come to find out that a pine table with off white seat covers doesn't go well with kids.  We have cleaned them many times but it just isn't working anymore.  So here are some before and after pictures.

BEFORE

I told you they were bad.

AFTER
I forgot to mention that Eric did all the work with the chairs, I told you he was amazing.  Ok I did help him unscrew a few of the chairs.  Pretty much nothing compared to what he did.  Eric, Thanks for all you do for us.  You are truly amazing and I love you!
I also forgot to mention the best part about recovering the chairs was it only cost me $10.66 for all 6 chairs!!

8 comments:

Michelle said...

Your yard looks amazing!

Jana Sohm said...

Thank goodness those Sohm boys are handy- right Jenni? Seriously, I feel the same way about Tyler doing everything around our house/yard. I don't know what I would do without all of his help. I love the picture of you and Eric. It is so cute! Where is it taken?

Diane said...

You are a lucky lady but he is a lucky man too. The yard and house looks amazing you guys!

Church Fam said...

The yard look beautiful! Also love what you did with the chairs, I do have some that could compete with those, that is your before chairs. maybe we should recover too, or I can just wait a few more years and see how bad they can get. :)

Brittany said...

Wow! Your yard looks amazing, great job Eric. The grass is so dang green. Still waiting for the invite to see your new home, wait how long have you been there now? :)

Rob and Jenn said...

You do have a keeper there. Everything looks amazing and the firepit is one fun feature...Dallen still wants one thanks to your wonderful smores.

Tristen said...

Your yard is absolutely gorgeous, Eric did a fantastic job. Does he give husband lessons?? If he does, send him on over mine could use a few.

embeins said...

Your yard looks so good! I just found your blog on Aprils blog, so I thought I would say Hi!