Sunday, February 26, 2012

Bedtime

Bedtime at the Sohm's is usually the same routine every night:

Kids get their jammies on.
Brush teeth
Read scriptures
Say prayers
The girls want me to put them in their beds and give them hugs and kisses.
Garrett wants me to come in and give him hugs and kisses.
without fail, they all usually call my name about 100 times to ask for, more hugs and kisses, drinks, questions etc.
After the 3rd or 4th time I am telling them to GO TO BED!  Eric usually has to tell them that mom is off for the night.  When Eric is home by himself putting the kids to bed this is the routine:

Kids get their jammies on.
Brush teeth
Read scriptures
Say prayers
THEN EVERYONE GETS IN THEIR BEDS AND HE DOESN'T HEAR A PEEP.

I wonder why this is?  I feel so loved I guess!

Well tonight, the routine was the same, hugs & kisses, they were all crying for drinks and more kisses as I went downstairs I could hear them all.  Then Eric says bye to me.  After that I never heard a peep.  I went upstairs to go the bathroom and flushed the toilet and I hear Garrett yell, MOM!

What I didn't know was that Eric told the kids that I was gone!  There we go again, the kids don't make any more noise as soon as he tells them left.  That would've been nice to know before I flushed the toilet.  This was more for my journaling....sorry if it is boring but I thought this would be fun to read in 10 years:)

1 comment:

Marianne said...

No joke - sounds like my house (only fewer kids). Somehow Jesse can put the kids down and they stay down. When it's me, there's crying when I leave, begging for more "arm tickles", etc. What's even more interesting is that I've discovered that when Westen wakes up in the middle of the night, if Jesse's the one to go comfort him for a minute, he goes right back down. If it's me? Well, he throws a fit if I try to leave him, and we're into hours of playing the try-to-get-Westen-back-to-sleep game. Seriously!